6 tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
cumin seeds (1 second of pouring)
1/2 scotch bonnet, no seeds
thumb sized knob of ginger
1 small onion
1 tablespoon of curry powder
It occurred to me that this fake masala needed to be cooked out a little, so I fried it in a little oil until it became fairly aromatic, and then added tomato sauce and big chunks of cod. I simmered for 15 minutes until the cod was cooked and served it with rice. I added the yogurt to calm the fairly fierce heat after it came off the fire.
The result was not Indian, as such, but it was good, and I'd make it again. All hail experimentation, I guess.
*I chose these ingredients on the highly scientific basis of my last two indian meals, a pathetic tikka masala and a rather more decent vindaloo curry.
No comments:
Post a Comment