I've been pretty confused by a New York subway sign encouraging you to take your trash with you for a while now. It goes as follows:
"Take care. Take it light. Take the subway. Take responsibility. Please take your trash with you when you leave the train or station."
I had never seen the phrase "take it light" before, nor ever heard it said, nor could I really figure out what it meant in the context of the rest of the sentence. Apparently, though, according to the Urban Dictionary, "take it light" means something like "take it easy".
Why did MTA use this phrase? Is whatever group that unironically says "take it light" (assuming there is such a group) somehow responsible for trash on the subway? I am puzzled.
Plus, second prize for bad language goes to this Will Wilkinson bloggingheads, for grotesque overuse of the word "epistemic".
1/29/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment