12/01/2008

St. Andrews

The New York Times has a nice story on my alma mater, among others, describing a supposed trend of Americans heading overseas for college. Much of what they say is true, and I'll say more as I think about it, but I will say now that spending four years at St. Andrews was one of the best experiences of my life, for many reasons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it true that professors provided less individualized attention at St. Andrews ? I am wondering because that is not what I had heard.

Raffi said...

I really think that was a comment more aimed at Edinburgh than St. Andrews. We had a small, intimate university that felt a lot more like Oxford than a big, European style, state school. I'm still friends with my profs today.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

my sister in law and my best friend are also St Andrews graduates and they said it was the best experience of their lives.